Monday, April 4, 2011

Imminent Take-off to the ice base

Within the next 1-2 hours we will depart from Resolute for the flight to the ice base. The weather is clear and sunny, -34 deg Cels. I just came back from the local store and the cold is biting on the skin. I even got my last minute things at the store...cans of lighter fluid for a table-top torch to seal glass ampoule for the safe storage of water samples. I am ready...Thank God for getting things back on track with restless days wondering where my luggage was. Thanks to all my friends for their thoughts and prayers.

The Explorer team of the expedition took off this morning to be dropped off at the geographical North Pole for their adventure walking south to Greenland...pulling their sledges over the ice for hundreds of miles. They went through the rollercoaster here in Resolute waiting for good weather and ice conditions at the Pole...many cancelled and postponed flights reached an emotion hard to imagine.

I had some troubles to get access to this blog site...please be patient, I will try to update it as often as I can. I shall report again tomorrow with a report of the landing on the ice and arrival in the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment